Jaffa Flea Market is set among the narrow streets of workshops and storage centers of end of 19th century Arab quarter, its a warren of junk, bargains and crafts
The post Getting around Jaffa Flea Market (Shuk Hapishpeshim) appeared first on Tel Aviv Photography Diary - TLVSpot.com.
Tel Aviv Photography Diary - TLVSpot.com - Same place, different story
Flea Market (Shuk Hapishpeshim) is set among the narrow streets of workshops and storage centers of end of 19th century Arab quarter, its a warren of junk, bargains and crafts. Open every day except Saturday – worth getting there early if you want to find a real bargain, otherwise wander through the alleys sifting the good stuff from the junk.
Flea market in Jaffa – Tel Aviv
, the centrepiece flea market, which runs several times a week from early morning (see Opening Hours
at the end of the post).
Your bike, phone or computer was stolen?! Good news! There is a great chance to find a stolen item at a flea market.
In the market you can buy almost everything from clothing and shoes from the second hand, and ending with antiquities, household goods and furniture. The market is also located coffee-shops and Italian restaurants. This non uniqueness market in Israel, but they say he’s one of the biggest.
To say that the market you can buy things for a penny – not exactly be correct, of junk have quality antiques, which can cost hundreds if not thousands of dollars, but also you can find expensive items for pennies.
1. Come to a flea market in the morning.Come to the flea market to as early as possible, because at that time, when the city wakes up mods usually nothing good left. But as they say professional hunters – “remnants sweet” by the end of the day the owners of curiosities from the past give them up for next to nothing, but would not pull back home. Be careful, usually in some nondescript bunch of things you can find a leather bag Chanel
2. Do not search.How to find the coolest thing on city flea markets? You just relax and enjoy the process of search and enjoy invisible hunting. Not so important with what you go this time – with the old book on housekeeping, or the new iPad – it is important not to set a specific goal.
3. Dress simply.At flea markets it is important not to put too flashy and expensive. Sellers “smell the money” and may hall price.
4. Do not take a lot of money.Never take a lot of money, it is likely that you did not just spend, but “lose.”
5. Bidding.Bargain at flea markets always appreciated! But do not overdo it, a lot of sellers of older people who are selling their “good” is very cheap, and in this case, to bargain with them for every shekel just not right.
Sunday – Thursday: 9:00 – 17:00
Friday: 9:00 – 15:00
Click to open in Google Maps